Something exciting happened this past weekend…TOMATOES! Yes finally our local farmers market vendors have tomatoes and I am seriously in heaven. You would have thought the two huge heirloom tomatoes and three pints of heirloom cherry tomatoes would have lasted us all week but since I have been on a crazy tomato kick we are already out of them….four days later.
I am hoping that this baby makes his/her appearance very soon but I am also hoping that we can make it to the market to stock up on super sweet and juicy local tomatoes. I am salivating just thinking about buying more. Lately my favorite way to enjoy them has been on top of toast. Sometimes simply raw and sliced up with a little salt and pepper and other times I like to saute them up with a little onion or shallot and serve warmed.
Warm Cherry Tomato Bruschetta
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- PAM Organic Olive Oil Spray
- 1/4 cup minced red onion or shallot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4-6 slices of sourdough bread
- Toast up your sourdough bread; you can simply do this in a standard toaster, under the broiler in your oven or if you have a grill try grilling up your bread (my favorite method).
- Heat a medium saute pan over medium-high heat. Spray to coat the bottom with PAM Organic Olive Oil Spray <– this spray keeps things light and healthy plus clean up is a breeze. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until onion is soft.
- Add in the cherry tomatoes and garlic and cook until the cherry tomatoes start to break down; this should just take a few minutes.
- Season with red wine vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Top each slice of toasted sourdough with the warm cherry tomato topping.
Leaving up to 99% less residue, PAM is your ally in the kitchen and allows you to save time during prep and clean up.