Baked Spinach and Artichoke Dip
I have made other spinach and artichoke dips in the past using sour supreme, vegan mayo and/or vegan cream cheese and I have been wanting to create something a little healthier but still just as tasty. This recipe replaces the vegan dairy/mayo alternatives with navy beans.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 (6oz) jar of marinated artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 10 sundried tomatoes packed in olive oil, sliced
- 1 (14oz) can of navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
Preheat oven 350F
- In a medium skillet heat the olive oil over medium high heat; add in the onion and cook for 5-7 minutes until soft. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Remove from the stove and place in a bowl; set to the side.
- In a food processor or blender process the beans with the vegetable broth until smooth.
- To the bowl of spinach add the artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, nutritional yeast and pureed beans; stir to combine well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until browned and bubbly.
Serve with vegetable sticks, pita or crackers.