Vegan Lasagna with Red Pepper “Ricotta”
- 1/2 a box of no-boil lasagna (4 portions)
- 3.5 cups spaghetti sauce (homemade or jarred)
- 2T Nutritional Yeast
- Red Pepper “Ricotta”
- 1 block of firm tofu, drained
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2t Italian seasoning
- 1t onion powder
- 1t garlic powder
- 1t salt
- 1/2t ground black pepper
Directions: Preheat the oven to 400F.
- To make the ricotta: place everything in a food processor and process until crumbly/texture of ricotta. If the ricotta seems a little dry while processing you can add water a teaspoon at a time to loosen up the mixture.
- To make the lasagna: in an 8×8 glass baking dish layer the lasagna starting with sauce, noodles, ricotta, sauce, noodles. You should have 4-6 layers and should end with sauce. Sprinkle with the nutritional yeast and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or as the directions on the lasagna noodle box recommend.
- Once out of the oven let the lasagna cool for 5-7 minutes. Then enjoy!