Pure Sweets is an organic, gluten-free, vegan, kosher bakery in Philly. A few months ago I contacted them about doing a review and the sent me a few items to try which include one of their crisp bars –The Ladybug, a flourless cookie- The Ape, a trio of mini macaroons- The Poodle and a bag of trail mix- The Camel. Neil and I enjoyed everything so much that we ended up placing an order for a few more goodies for ourselves and an order of mini macaroons for our babyshower.
For ourselves we ordered:
- The Kitty: Organic citrus cardamom cookies made with organic citrus fruit. We both really loved the flavor of these cookies but unfortunately they didn’t travel so well and ended up having a strange consistency. I blame the heat and humidity we have been having here.
- The Kid: Organic brown rice crisp bar topped with organic peanut butter, organic blackberry preserves from Italy and organic single-origin dark chocolate. After loving The Ladybug we had to order another crisp bar and let me tell you that this one was even better! Neil and I both wished we had ordered two because it was really hard to share (we fought over the last bite).
- The Bat: Organic single-origin chocolate macaroons peppered with organic cayenne. This was one of my favorite macaroons. It was chocolately with just a mild hit of spice.
- The Sphinx: Organic rosewater cardamom macaroons. These macaroons were really great, such an interesting flavor. We both really liked them but after trying a number of other flavors at the shower they ddin’t end up being a favorite of ours. Tip: Crumble and add to vanilla coconut yogurt with sliced strawberries- so good!
For the shower we ordered:
- The Sphinx: Organic rosewater cardamom macaroons.
- The Elephant: Organic cashew butter macaroons with organic caramelized nuts. This was my favorite of all the macaroons that I tried. The caramelized nuts really made this so delicious. I plan on ordering more of these soon!
- The Owl: Organic salted almond vanilla bean macaroons. This one was good but you can get it dipped in chocolate and I think that would have made it even better.
- The Panda: Organic single-origin chocolate chunk macaroons. I didn’t actually get to try this one (sad face) but Neil did and he absolutely loved it!
- The Poodle: Organic lemon lavender macaroons.(I just checked my order and this one must have been snuck in by the good people at Pure Sweets) These are my second favorite ( The Elephant being my first) of all the macaroons. The lemon and lavender is such a great combination.
Other things I love about Pure Sweets:
- They donate 5% of their profits to charity.
- The “bonus” details that are included with their products–> example The Poodle: Bonus: immune booster, 60 calories per macaroon.
- Their products are organic, vegan, gluten free and kosher.
- They have an amazing and personable staff to work with.
- I also love that they offer gift boxes and wedding and other favors.