This month I’m all about setting mindful intentions. I want to focus on things that I have been ignoring the past month such as connecting with nature, dreaming big and working hard to achieve my dreams and practicing more patience with everyone. I spent an hour sitting quietly and really thinking about what I want for the next month and I thought I would share my May intentions with you.
- Shop Slow. As I shared in my previous post this months is about shopping as locally as possible and in person – no online shopping.
- Connect With Nature Everyday. This is as simple as spending 10-15 minutes or more out in nature. Observing the trees, the flowers, listening for the birds, feeling the breeze.
- Move Your Body. I tell you I haven’t been moving this body of mine enough. I however purchased a Groupon for a yoga studio that I need to activate because I spent the money but more because this body needs some regular activity.
- Tell Your Story. I’ll be honest 90% of the time I hold back. I don’t share my story, my truth and I think it’s time. This may be publicly, to close friends, to my husband or simply to myself in a notebook.
- Manifest your dreams. I have so many dreams and ideas but I am quick to talk myself out of things or tell myself I can’t do it. This month is about saying ‘yes you can’ and actually putting that all into motion.
- Practice Patience. My patience is thin. Like paper thin and I need to slow my mind down, slow my words down and practice more patience with my family but also with myself and everyone else in my life.
- Breathe deeply. We recently received a new book called My Magic Breath that teaches children the magic of breathing; how focusing on the breath can help to move sadness and frustration and make space for positive and happy thoughts. After reading and practicing this with my children it was a reminder to myself how the beneficial our breath is.
What are your May intentions? Share them on Instagram with #AYearOfIntentionalLiving